Hazelhurst Beach Rules
(PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR GUESTS READ AND ADHERE TO THE BEACH RULES.)
EMERGENCY CALL: 911 (Police: 269-469-3245) or (Caretaker: 269-405-7000)
LOCATION: Chikaming Township Beach Marker: 12/8
Waterfront Director will be on duty from mid July through mid August.
Waterfront Director Hours: See the Beach Bulletin Board for the schedule.
1. Waterfront Director has full authority on the beach, swimming and boating areas.
2. RED FLAG: Indicates Waterfront Director is not on duty and/or swimming conditions are very hazardous.
YELLOW FLAG: Indicates Waterfront Director is on duty, but advises that swimming conditions are not entirely safe.
GREEN FLAG: Indicates Waterfront director is on duty and swimming conditions are safe.
3. Children under12 years of age are not allowed on the beach in swimsuits unless accompanied by and adult, except when reporting for swimming lessons.
4. Swimmers should stay in the designated swimming area, out of the designated boating area. Please refrain from sitting in the boating area.
5. Do not play Frisbee or ball near other people on the beach.
6. Fires are allowed on the beach only in the northeast fire pit on the beach and the braziers in picnic area on the dune.
7. Pets are not allowed on the Prairie Club Beach. Owners who wish to walk their pet along the waters edge must access the beach on the dog access path located north of the Beach Bulletin Board. Between June 1 and October 1, dog access is only allowed in the morning before 10 AM (ET), and in the evening after 7 PM (ET). From October 1 through May 31 there is no time restriction.
8. PLEASE HELP KEEP THE BEACH CLEAN
A. Trash and refuse must not be left on the beach. Positively no glass of any kind is allowed. There is no garbage collection, each person is responsible for removal of their own litter.
B. Use racks for storage of umbrellas, chairs and toys. Keep chairs and other beach paraphernalia south of the boat storage area. Two green posts mark the end of the beach paraphernalia storage corridor.
C. All beach paraphernalia must be removed from the beach and storage area by October 1.
9. Boats should be kept out of the swimming area and should be beached ONLY in the boat area. Unidentified / abandoned boats may be disposed of by the Beach Chair.
10. All catamarans and canoes MUST be secured from high winds using a buried cinder block or similar arrangement. These anchors should be removed during winter boat storage.
11. Boaters MUST yield to all persons in and out of the water when landing boats. Boaters operating their vessels in an unsafe manner may be denied access to the beach
12. Jet skis are not allowed on or near the beach.
13. The Waterfront Director’s safety equipment (i.e. rescue board, defibrillator, first aid kit) is for the use of the WATERFRONT DIRECTOR, except for emergencies when the Waterfront Director is not on duty.
14. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are allowed on the beach area or beach paths.
15. Smoking is prohibited on the beach.
Beach Chair, Revised 2010, 2015