Prairie Club Rental Process & Procedures
February 15 – You must be a Prairie Club member and 18 years of age.
No requests will be honored before February 15th. Prairie Club members who want to rent Club-owned facilities must be at least 18 years of age. Members must mail their written requests, along with a $50 deposit per rental request, to the Club office with the dates requested, and the preferred rental facility. Envelopes must be postmarked no sooner than February 15th. No fax, e-mail, or telephone calls will be accepted. Rental requests will be processed in order of receipt beginning February 19th. Listing at least three (3) rental dates, in order of preference, will usually assure a rental during the preferred summer season. With your request enclose a check made payable to The Prairie Club in the amount of $50.00 per request. All unfulfilled requests will be returned to you along with your deposit. If you do not include a deposit for each rental request, your request will not be accepted. A Prairie Club member can only rent one facility at Hazelhurst Camp during Peak Season. The renting member must be present in the facility, or in the camp, if they are a site holder, and is responsible for all guests. The member responsible will be held accountable for any damages or charges incurred and will not be allowed to rent again until all charges to the Prairie Club are paid-in-full. All facilities will be inspected after check out by the cleaning crew and the caretaker, who will arrange for any emergency repairs. Our rental facility chair(s) will be notified immediately of any loss or damage to their facility during your stay.
Club office confirms all rental requests and reservations are finalized.
Final payments for Peak-Season rentals are due and must be mailed to the Club office by May 1. If rental is booked after May 1, final payment is due 30 days prior to the rental stay.
For a full refund, cancellations must be made by May 1, or no less than 30 days prior to rental date. Failure to cancel before May 1 or no less than 30 days prior to rental date will forfeit your rental deposit. This cancellation policy is in affect for ALL Prairie Club owned rental facilities.
Things to Remember When Making PEAK-Season (Summer) Requests:
* Be sure to mark “PEAK RENTAL REQUEST” clearly on the outside of the envelope.
* Envelopes must be postmarked no sooner than February 15th.
* A rental week runs from Friday, 6 PM (ET) to Friday, 3 PM (ET).
* A weekend rental runs from Friday, 6 PM (ET) to Sunday, 3 PM (ET).
* Rental deposits must not be combined with other payments to The Prairie Club. Please be sure to mail rental requests in a separate envelope.
* There is a one-week rental limit during Peak Season.
* Preference will be given to Farmhouse requests for a full-week rental before requests for partial-week rentals.
* Give at least three (3) dates in order of preference to help us accommodate you.
* Guests are responsible for observing the Hazelhurst Camp Rules. Violation of these rules may result in loss of privileges.